- Course Code: UKFEC16ADH
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The ADHD course will give you the information you require to live with or work with a person who suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This training course is designed to teach students everything about ADHD from defining and controlling the condition to success stories and improving it.
ADHD doesn’t discriminate, and it is likely that you live with, work with, know, or even are someone who has this condition. This course will also give anyone who is unfamiliar with the condition an overview of the symptoms and struggles that those with ADHD deal with. You will also learn how to interact with those who have the condition.
Introduction to the ADHD Diploma Course
This online training course will allow you to study this information when it is convenient for you and at your own pace. Many who take this course continue to work a full time job, and study when they can.
You can access this course on any mobile device that has internet access, and you will also have access to online support whenever you require it. The course also includes a syllabus, which has been broken into easy to get through modules.
When completing this course, to test your knowledge of the material, you must take a test, and when passed, you will receive a diploma, which is recognised throughout several industries. This is a downloadable certificate, or we can post your diploma for a small cost.
What You Will Learn
The ADHD course will provide a full overview of what ADHD is, how it is treated, theories surrounding ADHD, and how to live a full life with the condition. When taking this course, you will learn:
- An introduction and history of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- ADHD and the family structure.
- How ADHD is diagnosed.
- How ADHD affects children, adolescents, teens, and adults.
- The different treatment methods and therapies for ADHD.
- How to recognise behavioural patterns in those with ADHD.
- What the future of ADHD might look like.
- About the misconceptions often associated with ADHD.
- Examples of ADHD success stories.
Benefits of the ADHD Diploma
Once enrolled on this course, you will find a number of benefits when earning this ADHD diploma.
- The ability to study anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. You can study in your lunch break, at home, or almost anywhere.
- You can study when you want and how you want. There is no time limit, so you can complete it in days, weeks, or even months.
- You will have the ability to study from any internet-connected device including a PC, mobile telephone, or tablet.
- An easy to follow structure, as the course is divided into easy to manage modules. This helps to make the experience enjoyable.
- Access to online support, which helps you to stay on track as you study.
- Leaning from a comprehensive course, which will give you all of the knowledge necessary to work with, live with, or interact with those with ADHD.
- Improving your prospects when applying for work in the field.
- Access to a trustworthy, certified diploma.
- Affordable pricing.
- The basic definition of ADHD.
- Who discovered it and created the term.
- How understanding has changed over the years.
- How to start to take control of the issues.
- How a child with ADHD can act within a family.
- A look at how the parents can initially deal with such a condition.
- How siblings can deal with, or be helped, in this situation.
- The future for the family when a child has ADHD.
- The initial symptoms to look out for
- How to get that all-important diagnosis
- The first treatments that could be an option
- How to know if those treatments are making a difference
- What is going on in the child with ADHD?
- How it bursts out and affects them.
- Dealing with those initial outbursts.
- Preventing things from getting worse.
- The problems of a later diagnosis.
- Signs in adolescence that all is not well.
- How it affects their ability to evolve into an adult.
- How to move forward in this situation.
- The latest research on ADHD in adults.
- How it progresses into this stage of life.
- How to still get treatment.
- How to help the individual.
- The key medications that are used for the treatment of ADHD.
- Potential side effects associated with these medications.
- Therapies that are available, that can also help.
- What to do if you feel that the treatment is not helping.
- What we actually mean by the holistic approach.
- The key treatments associated with this approach.
- How effective are they going to be?
- Combining both options, to improve the quality of life.
- What we mean by patterns of behaviour.
- The key patterns to look out for.
- How to react when you spot this behaviour.
- Is there anything to worry about - and how do you proceed?
- The basic steps when handling a child with ADHD.
- The key mistakes you must avoid making.
- Important strategies to put into place to help you.
- How to seek help and not struggle all on your own.
- Common everyday issues for people with ADHD.
- Common everyday issues for those that help people with ADHD.
- How a person with ADHD can overcome them.
- How a person without ADHD can overcome their issues.
- Why a diagnosis does not have to ruin their future.
- The picture of the future, according to those that do not understand it.
- The actual future that can be out there.
- How to make sure that you can have the future that you want with ADHD.
- The most common misconceptions linked to the condition.
- What the reality is for those with the condition.
- How these misconceptions hurt those that have the condition.
- What to do in order to rectify the situation.
- Examples of success stories of those with ADHD.
- The key lessons to take from these success stories.
- How to take those lessons - and put them into action.
- A step by step breakdown on how to improve the life of the sufferer, due to these lessons.
- The absolute key points on how ADHD affects the individual.
- The key points on how to help those individuals.
- How to improve your ability to deal with the condition.
- Where to get further help.
Very informative and interesting to read
Very informative and interesting to read. Having it broken down into very manageable sections makes it easy to absorb your new found knowledge.
Kathleen Walker – Kent
The course was very well structured and easy to navigate.
I have just completed the ADHD Diploma.
I found the course extremely interesting and informative, especially for parents with children who have ADHD or people who work with children with the condition. It has changed my perspective on the condition a lot. I have therefore recommended this course to others.
The course was very well structured and easy to navigate. The wording used was simple to understand yet effective. The test was multiple choice which I liked and you are able to access your certificate straight after successful completion of the test which I thought was great.
I will definitely be purchasing another course from New Skills Academy.
Melissa Birch – Exeter
New Skills Academy have given me the confidence to achieve my goals
The course was the best thing I’ve done to date. As a single mum of three children, one of which has ADHD, I haven’t had the time or motivation to further my education. I was never academic at school, but New Skills Academy have given me the confidence to achieve my goals.
The course can be done at your own pace, which is great for all. Each module can be printed off, making it easier. I was quite nervous about the final test but so pleased and proud I passed. I can now use my knowledge to support my son as well as use it to raise awareness of the condition.
I have recently become a volunteer for the National Autistic Society, this diploma has opened many doors of opportunity in the work place. I highly recommend this course for all parents with children that have ADHD but also families and teachers. I have already got my Branch manager and friend signed up to the course, and I’m spreading the word.
Rosalind Gardner – Hereford
I really liked this course
Previously, I had a very small idea of this diagnosis. But when I started working with children with ADHD, I realised that I needed to learn more. That is why I decided to learn from this course.
I got a lot of knowledge and expanded my understanding of this diagnosis. I understood how to work with children who have this diagnosis. Based on this course, I developed a strategy of behaviour and understood how to respond in certain situations.
I understand how I can be more effective at work and how to help my students. I really liked this course. Thank you.
Antonina Lupashko – Kiev
Who can take the ADHD Awareness Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 15 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 15 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 15 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the ADHD Awareness Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.